Purdue / Walgreens Pharmacy Community Practice Residency
Program Coordinator: Stephanie Arnett, PharmD, CDE, BCACP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Number of Positions: 1
Elizabeth Davenport, PharmD
- Hometown: Stevensville, Michigan
- College: Butler University
- Why Walgreens/Purdue: The Walgreens/Purdue PGY1 Community Residency provides its resident learning opportunities in specialty pharmacy practice, business management, and clinical community activities thus providing the resources to become a well-rounded community pharmacist. The residency director and preceptors are invested in the resident’s development and work to tailor the learning experiences to fit the resident’s career interests and goals.
- Research Interests: Adherence, specialty medications, opioid epidemic
- Career Interests: Specialty community pharmacy, leadership and management
- What I enjoy about Indianapolis: Indianapolis is a large city that offers big city amenities like professional sports teams but feels small.
- Hobbies: Music, spending time with friends and family, traveling
Helen Van Lear, PharmD (2011-12): - Previously managed MTM programs with 35+ Walgreens locations in central Indiana. Currently staff pharmacist at “Community, a Walgreens pharmacy” URAC accredited specialty pharmacy location on the north side of Indianapolis. Co-preceptor for our specialty pharmacy learning experience. Consults with our resident on MTM practices.
Jennifer Johnson, PharmD (2012-13): - Pharmacy manager at ”Community, a Walgreens pharmacy” URAC accredited specialty pharmacy location on the north side of Indianapolis. Primary preceptor for our specialty pharmacy learning experience.
Chelsea Pekny, PharmD (2013-14): - Finished a global health PGY2 program with Purdue University in Eldorat, Kenya post community residency program. Post PGY2, continued her work in Kenya, working under a grant advancing pharmacy services in diabetes. Is now the Coordinator of Global Pharmacy Initiatives with The Ohio State University and Assistant Professor in the College of Pharmacy.
Raven Jackson, PharmD (2014-15) - Previous pharmacy manager for Walgreens pharmacy in competitive Houston, TX area. Currently full time academia position as Clinical Assistant Professor with alma mater Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy in New Orleans.
Jonathan Sarky, PharmD (2015-2016): – Pharmacy manager for Walgreens pharmacy in Westfield, IN (Indianapolis Area). Primary preceptor for orientation, teaching, and MTM learning experiences for our residency program here in Indianapolis.
Katherine Anderson, PharmD (2016-2017): – Staff/relief pharmacist for our Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy locations in central Indiana. Currently learning the ropes as a residency site coordinator, supporting our residents, preceptors, and administrative duties of the program.
Alex Mills, PharmD (2017-2018): - PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Resident at University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy.