HealthLinc / Purdue University / Walgreens Community Pharmacy Practice Residency
Program Coordinator: Lynn Fletcher, PharmD, BC-ADM, CDE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Number of Positions: 2
Mark Sundh, PharmD
Hometown: Chicago, IL
College: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Why HealthLinc/Walgreens/Purdue: The strong focus in ambulatory care, and diverse experiences in medication distribution, research, teaching and leadership, made this a perfect fit for me. Being able to provide direct patient care as part of an interprofessional team and collaborating with caring and compassionate health care providers makes for an amazing environment for learning and growth. HealthLinc being both a Federally Qualified Health Center and Patient-Centered Medical Home provides me with the opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact in the lives of the community, and the partnership with Walgreens allows me to provide patient care in the community pharmacy setting, something that I enjoy.
- Research Interests: I am interested in doing research in diabetes and diabetes related technologies.
- Career Interests: I think pharmacists can make a tremendous impact when it comes to working together with patient to manage their chronic disease states. I would love to work as a clinical pharmacist and diabetes educator upon the completion of my residency.
- What I enjoy about Valparaiso: Valparaiso is an amazing town with fantastic people and wonderful food, drink, and atmosphere. The downtown area always has something interesting and fun going on.
- Hobbies: I am a big (Chicago) sports fan and enjoy keeping up with my favorite teams. I also enjoy traveling, hiking, and spending time outdoors when I get a chance. I love getting creative while cooking and if it is nice out, you can probably find me outside by the grill.
Jessica Sinclair, PharmD
Hometown: Highland, IN
College: Purdue University
- Why HealthLinc: I was fortunate enough to have a rotation here during my fourth professional year and I fell in love. I enjoy being able to meet with patients and sitting down to talk with them to really build a professional relationship. I think building that relationship creates trust between the patient and the pharmacist which can in-turn better their healthcare. I am passionate about the ambulatory care setting and like community pharmacy as well, this residency gives me the opportunity to have the best of both worlds by partnering with Walgreens. When I was at HealthLinc on rotation, the environment felt like one big family, which was important to me when ranking my residency options. My co-workers are wonderful and everything seemed to align perfectly with my career goals.
- Research Interests: I am looking into substance abuse within the patient population our clinics serve and how confident our providers are with prescribing treatment medications.
- Career Interests: I would love to begin my career in the clinic setting because I believe it is the area of pharmacy in which I thrive. I have thought about academia and want to see how this year plays out with the teaching certificate portion of the residency. I am open to other areas of pharmacy, but I really enjoy chronic disease state management.
- What I enjoy about Valparaiso: Downtown Valpo is the cutest area with a bunch of events happening on the weekends with plenty of restaurants and breweries! Come visit!
- Hobbies: I am a very social individual so I am down to go to any type of social event. I like playing games (Mario kart, poker, card games, bags (cornhole), scrabble, gambling, etc.) a lot! I love hanging out with all doggos, watching the cubs, and dancing!
Broxton (Brock) Davis, PharmD (2017-2018): Clinical Pharmacist at HealthLinc, Inc.
Maureen Moynihan, PharmD (2016-17): Clinical Pharmacist at HealthLinc, Inc.