Purdue / Walgreens Pharmacy PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency
Program Coordinator: Stephanie Arnett, PharmD, CDE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Number of Positions: 1
Molly Nichols, PharmD
- Hometown: Noblesville, IN
- College: Purdue University College of Pharmacy
- Why Walgreens/Purdue: The Walgreens/Purdue PGY1 Community Residency provides an ideal blend of opportunities in community pharmacy practice, clinical health system relationships, public health collaborations, leadership skills, and teaching experiences. The program director and preceptors in the Walgreens residency are supportive, encouraging, and passionate about my development as a pharmacist and as a person, and I am incredibly excited to serve both Walgreens and my alma mater this year!
- Research Interests: Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), Substance Use Disorder, Cannabis products
- Career Interests: Ambulatory Care, Teaching, Legislative Advocacy
- What I enjoy about Indianapolis: I love living in the Indianapolis area because there is always something to do: trivia nights (shout-out Whiz Trivia); Colts, Indians, and Pacers games; broadway plays and events at the Old National Center; Gen Con, Pop Con, and Comic Con; concerts at Banker's Life and Ruoff Home Mortgage Center; festivals of all kinds; and countless outdoor activities at the Monon and other surrounding parks and trails.
- Hobbies: Gardening, Knitting, Reading, Traveling
Helen Van Lear, PharmD (2011-12): - Previously managed MTM programs with 35+ Walgreens locations in central Indiana. Was also MTM preceptor for residency program and pharmacy students. Currently staff pharmacist at “Community, a Walgreens pharmacy” URAC accredited specialty pharmacy location on the north side of Indianapolis. Co-preceptor for our specialty pharmacy learning experience. Consults with our resident on MTM practices.
Jennifer Johnson, PharmD (2012-13): - Pharmacy manager at ”Community, a Walgreens pharmacy” URAC accredited specialty pharmacy location on the north side of Indianapolis. Primary preceptor for our specialty pharmacy learning experience.
Chelsea Pekny, PharmD (2013-14): - Finished a global health PGY2 program with Purdue University in Eldorat, Kenya post community residency program. Post PGY2, continued her work in Kenya, working under a grant advancing pharmacy services in diabetes. Is now the Coordinator of Global Pharmacy Initiatives with The Ohio State University and Assistant Professor in the College of Pharmacy.
Raven Jackson, PharmD (2014-15) - Previous pharmacy manager for Walgreens pharmacy in competitive Houston, TX area. Currently full time academia position as Clinical Assistant Professor with alma mater Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy in New Orleans.
Jonathan Sarky, PharmD (2015-2016): – Pharmacy manager for Walgreens pharmacy in Westfield, IN (Indianapolis Area). Primary preceptor for orientation, MTM, and immunization learning experiences for our residency program here in Indianapolis.
Katherine Anderson, PharmD (2016-2017): – Staff pharmacist at the onsite Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy inside Community Hospital North. Supports the residency as the primary preceptor for medication distribution at the resident’s home site. Has also supported the program assisting in accreditation visit prep and other administrative duties of the program as a residency site coordinator.
Alex Mills, PharmD (2017-2018): - Recently finished PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy program at University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. Is back in the state of Indiana as Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Ambulatory Care) at Manchester University College of Pharmacy in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Elizabeth Davenport, PharmD (2018-2019): - Staff/relief pharmacist for Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy locations in central Indiana.