Alan J. Zillich
2001 Primary Care Residency, University of Kentucky
2000 Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Kentucky
1999 Pharm.D., Purdue University
1998 B.S., Pharmacy, Purdue University
Health Services and outcomes research focusing on (1) the roles of professional collaborative relationships between pharmacists and other health care providers; (2) the effectiveness of pharmacy-based services on improved medication prescribing, patient safety, and patient health outcomes and (3) methods to improve prescribing and utilization of medications through systems redesign and health informatics.
PHRM 827, Public Health and Wellness
PHRM 849, Population Health Management
PHRM 820, 821, 840, 841, 860, 861, Professional Program Labs
PHAD 696, Graduate Seminar
Honors and Credentials
American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Weiderholt Award for best Economic, Social, and Administrative Sciences paper
American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Ambulatory Care PRN Achievement Award
Big Ten Academic Alliance, Academic Leadership Program Fellow
Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (FCCP)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy New Investigator Award
Purdue University Award for Excellence in Distance Learning
- Crawford BS, Stauder AL, Bullington SM, Kiel PJ, Dark ER, Johnson JM, Zillich AJ. Impact of an oral antineoplastic renewal clinic on medication possession ratio and cost-savings. Federal Practitioner 2021;38(2):S12-S17 DOI:10.12788/fp.0107
- Zillich AJ, Jaynes HA, Davis HB, Lantaff WM, Myers J, Perkins SM, Shan M, Snyder ME. Evaluation of a “meds-to-beds” program on 30-day hospital readmissions. Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy 2019; DOI:10.1002/jac5.1183
- Zillich AJ, Jaynes HA, Bex SD, Boldt AS, Walston CM, Ramsey DC, Sutherland JM, Bravata DM. Evaluation of Pharmacist Care for Hypertension in the Veterans Affairs Patient Centered Medical Home: A Retrospective Case-Control Study. American Journal of Medicine 2015 (128): 539.e1-539.e6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.11.027
- Zillich AJ, Snyder ME, Frail CK, Lewis JL, Deshotels D, Dunham P, Jaynes H, Sutherland JM. A Randomized Controlled Pragmatic Trial of Telephonic Medication Therapy Management to Reduce Hospitalization in Home Health Patients. Health Services Research 2014; online 9 April. DOI: 10.1111/1475-6773.12176
- Smith MC, Boldt AS, Walston CM, Zillich AJ. Effectiveness of a Pharmacy Care Management Program for Veterans with Dyslipidemia. Pharmacotherapy 2013; 33(7):736-43.
- Zillich AJ, Jaynes H, Snyder ME, Harrison J, Hudmon KS, DeMoor C, French DD. Evaluation of Specialized Medication Packaging Combined with Medication Therapy Management: Adherence, Outcomes, and Costs among Medicaid Patients. Medical Care 2012;50(6):485-93.
- Bex SD, Boldt AS, Needham SB, Bolf SM, Walston CM, Ramsey DC, Schmelz AN, Zillich AJ. Effectiveness of a Hypertension Care Management Program Provided by Clinical Pharmacists for Veterans. Pharmacotherapy 2011;31(1):31-38.
- Zillich AJ, Shay K, Hyduke B, Emmendorfer TR, Mellow AM, Counsell SR, Supiano MA, Woodbridge P, Reeves P. Quality Improvement Toward Decreasing High Risk Medications for Older Veteran Outpatients. Journal of the American Geriatric Society 2008;56:1299-1305.
- Zillich AJ, Milchak JL, Carter BL, Doucette WR. Utility of a Questionnaire to Measure Physician/Pharmacist Collaborative Relationships. Journal of the American Pharmacist Association 2006;46:453-458.
- Zillich AJ, Sutherland JM, Kumbera PK, Carter BL. Hypertension Outcomes through blood pressure Monitoring and Evaluation by pharmacists (HOME study). Journal of General Internal Medicine 2005;20(12):1091-1096.