Patricia L. (Patti) Darbishire
Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice
1985 BS, Pharmacy, Purdue University
1982 BS, Biology and Chemistry minor, Illinois State University
1979 AS, Journalism, Danville Area Community College
Experiential Learning, Community Pharmacy Practice, Medication Adherence, Medication Safety, IPE
PHRM 822 Pharmacy Skills and Patient Counseling
PHRM 842 Community Pharmacy IPPE
PHRM 862 Institutional Pharmacy IPPE
PHRM 820-861 Professional Program Laboratories
PHRM 490, Peer Mentoring and Assessment, Safety and Service-Learning
PHRM 495, Independent Research
Honors and Credentials
Teaching for Tomorrow Senior Mentor Award
IMPACT, Senior Mentor
Center for Instructional Excellence Faculty Fellowship
Purdue Community of Service Learning Faculty Fellow
Editor, Purdue Journal of Service Learning and International Engagement
Pharmaceutical Care Certification
Ismail Center Hypertension Clinic
- Rabokof I, Walters K, Darbishire PL. Improving healthcare students’ ability to communicate through development of a mobile application. Purdue Journal of Service Learning and International Engagement. 2017;4(1) Article 1155.
- Noureldin M, Anderson C, Darbishire PL. Safety and service-learning – engaging pharmacy students in improving patient safety in the community. Purdue Journal of Service Learning and International Engagement. 2017; 4(1):Article 1160.
- Devine P and Darbishire PL. National trends in IPPE programs over the last 5 years. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2015;79(3):Article 39.
- Darbishire PL, Development of cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator therapies. Journal of Developing Drugs. 2012;1(4). doi: 10.4172/jdd.1000e117.
- Darbishire PL, Plake KS, Keirsma ME, White JL. An innovative introductory pharmacy practice experience on improving medication adherence. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2012;76(3):Article 42.
- Helms S, Ni FZ, Darbishire* PL, Fructose malabsorption: A possible factor in functional bowel disorders. US Pharmacist. 2011;36(12):41-44.
- Keirsma* ME, Plake KS, Darbishire PL. Patient safety instruction in US health professional education. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2011;75(8): Article 162.
- Helms SL, Ni FZ, Darbishire* PL. COPD: investigating the gender paradigm shift. US Pharmacist. 2011;36(9):HS-30-HS-34.
- Gorbach CM, Darbishire* PL, Shepler* BM. Dialysis concepts: a review for clinical pharmacists. U.S. Pharmacist. 2011;36(6)67-74 (2 hour CE article).
- Chen* JT, Darbishire* PL, Plake* KS. Assessing student perceptions of the underserved at a federally qualified health center. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2010;2(4):248-254