Alex N. Isaacs
2014 PGY1 & PGY2 Pharmacotherapy Residency, Butler University/Indiana University Health
2012 Doctor of Pharmacy, Butler University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Scholarship of teaching and learning
PHRM 464, Preparing for a Postgraduate Residency Training Program
PHRM 468, Clinical Integration and Application
PHRM 826, Introduction to Patient Centered Care
PHRM 864, Integrated Pharmacotherapy IV
PHRM 820, 821, 840, 841, 860, 861, Professional Skills Laboratory
PHRM 880, Purdue APPE Rotation
Honors and Credentials
New Educator Award - American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2020)
Chaney Family Faculty Preceptor of the Year - Purdue University College of Pharmacy (2019)
Innovation in Teaching and Learning Award - Purdue University College of Pharmacy (2018)
Walmart Scholar Mentor - American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (2016, 2019)
Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award - Indiana Pharmacists Association (2016)
Outstanding Pharmacy Resident of the Year - Butler University (2014)
IMPACT Fellow - Purdue University Center for Instructional Excellence (2017, 2019)
Teach for Tomorrow Fellow - Purdue University Center for Instructional Excellence (2017)
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist - Board of Pharmacy Specialties (2013 - Present)
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Internal Medicine - Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital
- Higbea A, Bald E, Isaacs AN, Richter SK, Stamm PL, Kassel LE. Forging ahead from adaptations of teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic: Perspectives from multiple pharmacy programs. J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2021;4(1):101-12.
- Welch BE, Arif SA, Bloom TJ, Isaacs AN, Janke KK, Johnson JL, Moseley LE, Ross LJ. Report of the 2019-2020 student affairs standing committee. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020;84(10):Article 8198.
- Isaacs AN, Scott SA, Nisly SA. Move out of ‘Z’ way Millennials. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2020; 12(12):1387-9.
- Beckett RD, Isaacs AN, Montagano KJ, Sheehan AH, Ramsey DC, Sprunger T. Perceived value of teaching and learning curriculum programs among pharmacy practice department chairs. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020;84(12):Article 7981.
- Howard ML, Yuet WC, Isaacs AN. A review of pharmacy student and resident preceptor development initiatives. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020;84(10):Article 7991.
- Villa KR, Sprunger TL, Walton AM, Costello TJ, Isaacs AN. Inter-rater reliability of a clinical documentation rubric within problem-based learning courses. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020;84(7):Article 7648.
- Darbishire PL, Isaacs AN, Miller ML. Faculty burnout in pharmacy education. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020;84(7):Article 7925.
- Isaacs AN, Miller ML, Hu T, Johnson B, Weber ZA. Inter-rater reliability of calibrated peer-review within a pharmacy curriculum. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020;84(4):Article 7583.
- Isaacs AN, Walton AM, Gonzalvo JD, Howard ML, Nisly SA. Pharmacy educator evaluation of web-based learning. Clin Teach. 2019;16(6):630-5.
- Isaacs AN, Nisly SA, Walton AM. Student-generated e-learning for clinical education. Clin Teach. 2017;14(2):129-33.