Alex N. Isaacs
2012 PharmD, Butler University
Instructional design and assessment
PHRM 490, Preparing for a Postgraduate Residency Training Program
PHRM 490, Advanced Therapeutic Case Studies
PHRM 826, Introduction to Patient Centered Care
PHRM 844, Integrated Pharmacotherapy II
PHRM 845, Integrated Pharmacotherapy III
PHRM 880, Purdue APPE Rotation
PHRM 820, 821, 840, 841, 860, 861, Professional Program Laboratory
Honors and Credentials
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist - Board of Pharmacy Specialties
IMPACT Fellow - Purdue University Center for Instructional Excellence
Teach for Tomorrow Fellow - Purdue University Center for Instructional Excellence
Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award - Indiana Pharmacists Alliance
Walmart Scholar Mentor - American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Outstanding Pharmacy Resident of the Year - Butler University
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Internal Medicine - Eskenazi Health
1. Isaacs AN, Eaves SM, Ott CA. Hyponatremia associated with once-monthly paliperidone palmitate: A case report. Ann Pharmacother. 2017;51(9):817-8.
2. Isaacs AN, Nisly SA, Walton AM. Student-generated e-learning for clinical education. Clin Teach. 2017;14(2):129-33.
3. Nisly SA, Isaacs AN, White C, Chamberlin SM. 24-month pharmacotherapy residency: the what and how behind these programs. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching & Learning. 2016;8:796-803.
4. Isaacs AN, Vincent AH. Antihypertensive therapy for the prevention of nephropathy in diabetic hypertensive patients. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2016;41(2):111-5.
5. Isaacs AN, Doolin M, Morse C, Shiltz ED, Nisly SA. Medication utilization evaluation of dabigatran and rivaroxaban within a large, multi-center health system (reprint). Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2016;73(5 Suppl 1):S35-41.
6. Walton AM, Isaacs AN, McFarland AT, Czosnowski L, Nisly SA. Design of drug-induced diseases elective utilizing active learning. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching & Learning. 2016;8:90-5.
7. Isaacs AN, Knight KL, Nisly SA. Analysis of a standardized perioperative pain management order set in highly opioid-tolerant patients. J Patient Saf. [Epub ahead of print Nov 10, 2015].
8. Isaacs AN, Walton AM, Nisly SA. Interactive web-based learning modules prior to general medicine advanced pharmacy practice experiences. Am J Pharm Ed. 2015;79(3):Article 40.
9. Nisly SA, Howard ML, Isaacs AN, Trujillo TN. Association between application scores and positive onsite interviews of pharmacy residency applicants. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2014;71(24):2110-3.
10. Nisly SA, Isaacs AN, Merkel KM. Use of web-based learning modules for a general medicine advanced pharmacy practice experience. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching & Learning. 2014;6(4):502-6.