Emily N. Israel
2013 Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Michigan Health System
2012 PharmD, University of Iowa
2008 BSc, Marine Sciences and Spanish, Rutgers University
PHRM 490, Topics in Pediatric Research
PHRM 825, Integrated Pharmacotherapy I
PHRM 826, Introduction to Patient Centered Care
PHRM 844, Integrated Pharmacotherapy III
PHRM 860, 861, Pharmacy Skills Laboratory
PHRM 864, Integrated Pharmacotherapy IV
PHRM 880, Purdue APPE Rotation
CLPH 435, Pediatric Pharmacotherapy
Honors and Credentials
Scholarship of Engagement Fellow - Purdue University Office of Engagement (2019)
Mariner Project Exchange Program - Medical University of South Carolina (2018)
Teach for Tomorrow Junior Faculty Fellowship - Purdue University Center for Instructional Excellence (2017)
Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacy Specialist (2015 - present)
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (2013 - present)
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Pediatric Cardiology - Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, Indianapolis, IN
1. Drwiega EN, Nichols KR, Israel EN, Knoderer CA. Impact of rapid mecA polymerase chain reaction rapid diagnostic testing for Staphylococcus aureus in a pediatric setting. Infect Dis Clin Pract. 2019; 27(5):268-72.
2. Bednarz AM, Israel EN, Beckman EJ, Johansen M, Thomas CA. Safety of enteral sildenafil in hemodynamically unstable children. Cardiol Young. 2019; 29(5): 589-93.
3. Israel EN, Thomas CA, Mastropietro CM. Establishment of prophylactic enoxaparin dosing recommendations to achieve targeted anti-factor Xa concentrations in children with CHD. Cardiol Young. 2018; 28(5): 715-8.
4. Nichols KR, Israel EN, Thomas CA, Knoderer CA. Optimizing guideline-recommended antibiotic doses for pediatric infective endocarditis. Ann Pharmacotherapy. 2016; 50(5):423-27.
5. Israel EN, Blackmer A. Use of tissue plasminogen activator to treat parapneumonic effusion in pediatric patients. Pharmacotherapy. 2014; 34(5):521-32.
6. Israel EN, Farley TM, Carter BL. Analysis of a pharmacist-led continuity of care service on underutilization of cardiovascular medications. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2013;70:1592-1600.