Jane E. Krause
1981 BS, Pharmacy, Purdue University
Pre-pharmacy orientation topics; impact of service-learning; student knowledge/perceptions of drug abuse/addiction topics; non-sterile compounding (USP 795) education.
PHRM 100, Pre-Doctor of Pharmacy Orientation
PHRM 316, Drug Abuse/Addiction Education
PHRM 490, Pharmacy Practice Teaching Experience
PHRM 495, Independent Research
PHRM 820, Professional Program Laboratory
PHRM 834, Pharmaceutical Calculations
PHRM 880, Academic Pharmacy APPE
Honors and Credentials
The Order of Iron Key at Purdue University
Bowl of Hygeia Award for Indiana
Cardinal Health Generation Rx Champion Award for Indiana
Outstanding Faculty Fellow Award for Wiley Hall at Purdue University
Indiana Pharmacists Alliance Presidents Award for Special Recognition
AACP-Walmart Scholar Faculty Mentor Innovation in Teaching and Learning Award for Purdue College of Pharmacy
Purdue Pharmacy Women’s Leadership Award
Outstanding Professor at Purdue University (by the Purdue Sorority and Fraternity Community)
Professor Henry Heine Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching at Purdue College of Pharmacy
APhA-ASP Outstanding Chapter Advisor
1. Nguyen, Nam-Anh; Nguyen, Quynh P.; and Krause, Jane E. (2017) "Food Insecurity: Rudimentary Education for Local Youth (FIREFLY)," Purdue Journal of Service-Learning and International Engagement: Vol. 4: Iss. 1, Article 22. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5703/1288284316540
2. Anastasia AD, Selzer CC, Elantably H, van Rijn RM, Krause JE. Heroin use disorder: the evolving role of the pharmacist. Indiana Pharmacists Alliance - Continuing Pharmacy Education. Available at: http://www.indianapharmacists.org. December 2016.
3. Krause JE, VanHyfte ED, Wulf JN, Hazbun TR. Home urine pregnancy tests: application of immunology to patient care. Indiana Pharmacists Alliance - Continuing Pharmacy Education. Available at: http://www.indianapharmacists.org. December 2015.
4. Krause JE, Anastasia AD, Patel PH, Trevithick AR, Beal JL, Park J. The prescription drug abuse and misuse epidemic: information and resources for the pharmacist. Indiana Pharmacists Alliance - Continuing Pharmacy Education. Available at: http://www.indianapharmacists.org. November 2014.
5. Noureldin M. Krause J. Jin L. Ng V. Tran M. Drug-Alcohol Interactions: A Review of Three Therapeutic Classes, US Pharmacist;35(11):29-40. 2010.
6. Krause JE. Co-Author, Chapter 15: Non-Sterile Compounding and Repacking. Manual for Pharmacy Technicians, 4th Edition, ASHP, 359-382, 2010.
7. Krause JE. Book Review: Preceptor’s Handbook for Pharmacists. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education; 74 (2) Article 33. 2010.
8. Krause JE. Book Review: The Art, Science, and Technology of Pharmaceutical Compounding, Third Edition. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education; 73 (3) Article 39. 2009.
9. Larva JS. Krause JE. AACP/Wal-Mart Scholars Program, Indiana Pharmacist, Volume 90, Number 1, p 13. 2009.
10. Krause JE. Teaching Pharmacy Practice Courses in a First-Professional Year PharmD Curriculum. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 69 (5): Article 83. 2005.