Kellie Jones Weddle
1997 BS, Pharmacy, University of Kentucky
1993 Associate of Arts, St. Catharine College
Retrospective Review of Adult Patients with Solid Tumor Cancers Receiving Rivaroxaban Therapy:Assessment of Associated Bleeding Risks. 2016
Retrospective review of ifosfamide associated encephalopathy for patients admitted to the inpatientoncology unit at the Indianapolis University (IU) Health, University Hospital, Simon Cancer Center. 2016
Compliance with 2010 Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) neutropenic fever guidelines amongpatients with fever and neutropenia. 2012
Retrospective review of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic risk factors influencing risk of patient falls in an inpatient oncology setting. 2011
An Oncology Focused Clinical and Research Experience in Eldoret, Kenya. SAIL Grant Award Winner. Purdue University 2011.
Retrospective review of success rates and toxicities of intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer compared to the published standard of care for intraperitoneal chemotherapy. 2010
Evaluation of the addition of premedications to carboplatin to prevent hypersensitivity reactions in ovarian cancer patients. 2007-2009
Evaluation of residual toxicity and time to recurrence following intraperitoneal chemotherapy for the treatment of ovarian cancer. 2008
Patient satisfaction with chemotherapy education in academic vs. community setting. 2006-2007
Retrospective chart review of breast cancer patients followed by an anticoagulation management service (AMS): quality assessment. 2005–2006
PHRM 404, Integrated Lab
PHRM 490, Pharmaceutical Care in Oncology
PHRM 860, Professional Program Laboratory V
PHRM 864, Integrated Pharmacotherapy IV
PHRM 880, Purdue APPE RotationCLPH 490, Dossier Analysis and Formulary Management
CLPH 873, Pathophysiology and Therapeutics III
Honors and Credentials
Fellow, Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association
Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Purdue College of Pharmacy Faculty Preceptor of the Year
The Apple Award, “A Salute to Health Care Education,” nominated by patients
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist-Hematology/Oncology, Eskenazi Health, Indianapolis, IN
1. Mach CM, Lapp EA, Weddle KJ, Hunter RJ, Burns KA, Parker C, Brown J, Smith JA. Adjunct histamine blockers as premedications to prevent carboplatin hypersensitivity reactions. Pharmacotherapy. 2016 Mar 15 doi:10.1002/phar.1739. [Epub ahead of print].
2. Jones KL. Breast cancer. In B Alldredge, R Corelli, M Ernst, B. Joseph Guglielmo, P Jacobson, W Kradjan, B Williams, eds. Applied Therapeutics. The Clinical Use of Drugs. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013:2197-2209.
3. Kiel P, Fausel CA, Jones KL. Testicular germ cell tumors, a history of “if you don’t cure the first time, try, try, again.” J Hematol Oncol Pharm. 2012; 2:85-98.
4. Jones KL, Barnett C, Gauthier M, Boster B, Espirito JL, Michaud LB. Clinical outcomes of a pharmacist managed anticoagulation service for breast cancer patients. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2012; 18(1):122-127.
5. Jones KL. Cancer screening and prevention. In: Richardson M, Chant C, Chessman KH, Finks SW, Hemstreet BA, Hume AL, et al, eds. Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program, 7th ed. Oncology. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2011:7-23.
6. Pitello N, Treon M, Jones KL, Kiel PJ. Approaches for administering chemotherapy in the intensive care unit. Curr Drug Saf. 2010; 5(1):22-32.
7. Jones KL, Buzdar AU. Evolving novel anti-HER2 strategies. Lancet Oncol. 2009; 10:1179-87.
8. Jones KL, Buzdar A. A review of adjuvant hormonal therapy in breast cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2004; 11:391-406.
9. Michaud LB, Karpinski JP, Jones KL, Espirito J. Dietary supplements in patients with cancer: risks and key concepts, part 1: Am J Health Syst Pharm 2007; 64:369-81.
10. Navo MA, Phan J, Vaughan C, Palmer JL, Michaud L, Jones KL, Bodurka DC, Basen-Engquist K, Hortobagyi GN, Kavanagh JJ, Smith JA. An assessment of the utilization of complementary and alternative medications in women with gynecologic or breast malignancies. J Clin Oncol. 2004; Feb 15:671-7.