Judy T. Chen
2002 Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of California, San Francisco
2001 PharmD, University of Illinois, Chicago
Pharmacist-managed chronic disease management in underserved population
Student education with underserved population
PHRM 826, Introduction to Patient Centered Care
PHRM 844, Integrated Therapeutics
PHRM 820, 821, 840, 841, 860, 861 Professional Program Laboratories
PHRM 880, Purdue APPE Rotation
Health Systems Science Course for medical students
Honors and Credentials
Fellow and Distinguished Practitioner, National Academies of Practice (NAP)
Community of Service-Learning Faculty Fellow, Purdue University
Teaching for Tomorrow Fellowship Award, Purdue University
Rising Star Award, University of Illinois at Chicago
Innovations in Teaching Award, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Certified Diabetes Educator
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Pharmacist-Managed Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Service and chronic disease management at the Jane Pauley Community Health Center, Inc.
1. Ness GL, Chen JT, Dong BJ, Pucino F, Calis KA. Thyroid disorders. In: Drug-induced diseases: prevention, detection, and management, 3rd Edition. Tisdale JE, Miller DA eds. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists; in press.
2. Sheehan AH, Chen JT, Yanovski JA and Calis KA. Obesity. In: Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 10th Edition. Dipiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC eds. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2017.
3. Chen JT, Dang DK, Pucino F, Calis KA. Pituitary gland disorders. In: Pharmacotherapy principles & practice, 4th Edition. Chisholm-Burns MA, Schwinghammer TL, Wells BG, eds. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2016.
4. Dang DK, Chen JT, Pucino F, Calis KA. Adrenal gland disorders. In: Pharmacotherapy principles & practice, 4th Edition. Chisholm-Burns MA, Schwinghammer TL, Wells BG, eds. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2016.
5. Chen JT, Darbishire PL, Plake KS. Assessing student perceptions of the underserved at a Federally Qualified Health Center. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning 2010;2(4):248-254.
6. Assemi M, Shane-McWhorter L, Scott DR, Chen JT, Seaba HH. Caring for the underserved: exemplars in teaching. Am J Pharm Educ 2009;73(1):Article 18.
7. Chen JT, LaLopa JM, Dang DK. Innovations in teaching – Impact of Patient Empathy Modeling on pharmacy students caring for the underserved. Am J Pharm Educ 2008;72(2):Article 40.
8. Herndon CM, Hutchison RW, Berdine HJ, Stacy ZA, Chen JT, Farnsworth DD, Dang D, Fermo JD. Management of chronic nonmalignant pain with nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs: joint opinion statement of the ambulatory care, cardiology, and pain and palliative care practice and research networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy 2008;28(6):788-805.
9. Chen JT, Pucino F, Resman-Targoff BH. Celecoxib versus a non-selective NSAID plus proton-pump inhibitor: what are the considerations? J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 2006;20(4):11-32.
10. Chen JT, Wesley R, Shamburek RD, Pucino F, Csako G. Meta-analysis of natural therapies for hyperlipidemia: policosanol vs. plant stanols and sterols. Pharmacotherapy 2005;25(2):171-183.