James E. Tisdale
1988 PharmD, State University of New York at Buffalo
1984 Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Manitoba Health Sciences Center, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
1983 BScPharm, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Jim's research interests are in the area of cardiovascular pharmacotherapy, focusing on: mechanisms, risk factors, and management of drug-induced arrhythmias, and drug therapy for prevention and treatment of atrial fibrillation.
PHRM 84500, Pathophysiology and Therapeutics III
PHRM 821, Pharmacy Practice Laboratory II
PHRM 880, APPE in Cardiovascular Research
CLPH 567, Principles of Literature Evaluation and Drug Information
CLPH 696, Graduate Seminar
Honors and Credentials
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist with Added Qualifications in Cardiology
Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy Fellow, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
Fellow and Distinguished Practitioner, National Academics of Practice (NAP)Fellow, American Heart Association
President, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2009-2010)
Faculty Preceptor of the Year Award, College of Pharmacy, Purdue University (2005)
Dr. Aziz Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award, College of Pharmacy, Purdue University (2013)
Establishment of the annual Tisdale Pharmacy Professionalism Award by the Indiana College of Clinical Pharmacy (2011)
Outstanding Paper of the Year Award, Cardiology Practice and Research Network, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2015)
Russell R. Miller Award, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, awarded for sustained contributions to the literature (2017)
Won 9 teaching awards in 12 years at Wayne State University
1. Tisdale JE, Jaynes HA, Overholser BR, Sowinski KM, Flockhart DA, Kovacs RJ. Influence of oral progesterone administration on drug-induced QT interval lengthening. A randomized, placebo-controlled crossover trial. JACC Clin Electrophysiol 2016;2:765-774.
2. Tisdale JE, Allen MR, Overholser BR, Jaynes HA, Kovacs RJ. Influence of zoledronic acid on atrial electrophysiological parameters and electrocardiographic measurements. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2015;26:671-677.
3. Frendl G, Sodickson AC, Chung MK, Waldo AL, Gersh BJ, Tisdale JE, Calkins H, Aranki S, Kaneko T, Cassivi S, Smith SC Jr, Darbar D, Wee JO, Waddell TK, Amar D, Adler D. 2014 AATS guidelines for the prevention and management of perioperative atrial fibrillation and flutter for thoracic surgical procedures. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2014;148:e153-193.
4. Tisdale JE, Jaynes HA, Kingery JR, Overholser BR, Mourad NA, Trujillo TN, Kovacs RJ. Effectiveness of a clinical decision support system for reducing the risk of QT interval prolongation in hospitalized patients. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2014;7:381-390.
5. Tisdale JE, Jaynes HA, Kingery JR, Mourad NA, Trujillo TN, Overholser BR, Kovacs RJ. Development and validation of a risk score to predict QT interval prolongation in hospitalized patients. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2013;6:479-487.
6. Tisdale JE, Overholser BR, Sowinski KM, Wroblewski HA, Amankwa K, Borzak S, Coram R, Kingery J, Zipes DM, Flockhart DA, Kovacs RJ. Enhanced sensitivity to drug-induced QT interval lengthening in patients with heart failure due to left ventricular systolic dysfunction. J Clin Pharmacol 2012;52:1296-1305.
7. Tisdale JE, Wroblewski HA, Wall DS, Rieger KM, Hammoud ZT, Young JV, Kesler KA. A randomized, controlled study of amiodarone for prevention of atrial fibrillation after transthoracic esophagectomy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2010;140:45-51.
8. Tisdale JE, Wroblewski HA, Wall DS, Rieger KM, Hammoud ZT, Young JV, Kesler KA. A randomized trial evaluating amiodarone for prevention of atrial fibrillation after pulmonary resection. Ann Thorac Surg 2009;88:886-895.
9. Amankwa K, Krishnan CK, Tisdale JE. Torsades de pointes associated with fluoroquinolones. Importance of concomitant risk factors. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2004;75:242-7.
10. Sharma ND, Rosman HS, Padhi ID, Tisdale JE. Torsades de pointes associated with intravenous haloperidol in critically ill patients. Am J Cardiol 1998;81:238-240.