Kimberly S. Plake
Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Director, Academic and Ambulatory Care Fellowship
Faculty Associate, Center on Aging and the Life Course
1994 MSc, Pharmacy Administration, Purdue University
1992 BSc, Pharmacy, Butler University
PHRM 100, Introduction to Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Care
PHRM 820, Professional Program Lab I
PHRM 821, Professional Program Lab II
PHRM 826, Introduction to Patient Centered Care
PHRM 841, Professional Program Lab IV
PHRM 861, Professional Program Lab VI
Honors and Credentials
American Pharmacists Association Fellow
Charles B. Murphy Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award
Mission of the Heart Award, Arthritis Foundation
Teaching Academy Fellow
Interdisciplinary Graduate Program Poster Competition, 1st Place
Dr. Aziz Outstanding Teaching Award
1. Noureldin M, Murawski MM, Mason HL, Hyner GC, Plake KS. The association between family caregivers’ involvement in managing older adults’ medications and caregivers’ information-seeking behaviors. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2017;57(2): 170-177.
2. Yehle KS, Plake KS, Nguyen P, Smith D. Health-related quality of life in heart failure patients with varying levels of health literacy receiving telemedicine and standardized education. Home Healthcare Now. 2016;34(5): 267-272.
3. Noureldin M, Plake KS. Correlates of caregivers’ involvement in the management of older adults’ medications. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2016; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2016.09.009, [Epub ahead of print].
4. Sweet BV, Kelley KA, Janke KK, Kuba SE, Plake KS, Stanke LD, Yee GC. Career placement of Doctor of Pharmacy graduates at eight Midwestern Schools. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2015;79(6): Article 88.
5. Chen AMH, Kiersma ME, Yehle KS, and Plake KS. Impact of an aging simulation game on pharmacy students' empathy and attitudes toward older adults. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2015;79(5): Article 65.
6. Janke KK, Farris KB, Kelley KA, Marshall VD, Plake KS, Scott SA, Sorensen TD, Yee GC. StrengthsFinder signature themes in Doctor of Pharmacy students in five Midwestern pharmacy schools. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2015;79(4): Article 49.
7. Chen AMH, Kiersma ME, Yehle KS, Plake KS. Impact of the Geriatric Medication Game® on nursing students’ empathy and attitudes toward older adults. Nursing Education Today. 2015;35(1): 38-43.
8. Melton BL, Noureldin M, Villa K, Kiersma ME, Plake KS. Lessons learned in implementing a graduate student-led mentoring program for student pharmacists and pharmaceutical sciences students. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2014;6(6): 864-870.
9. Chen AMH, Yehle KS, Albert NM, Ferraro KF, Mason HL Murawski MM, Plake KS. (2014). Relationships between health literacy, knowledge, self-efficacy, and self-care in heart failure. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 10(2):378-386.
10. Janke KK, Kelley KA, Kuba SE, Mason HL, Mueller BA, Plake KS, Seaba HH, Soliman SR, Sweet BV, Yee GC. Reenvisioning assessment for the Academy and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education’s Standards and revision process. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2013;77(7): Article 141.