Kevin M. Sowinski
Associate Head for Scholarship and Faculty Affairs, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Pharm.D., University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 1992
Post-Doc, Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, 1992-1995.
Drug pharmacokinetics and response; Mathematical modeling of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics; Cardiovascular pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
PHRM 841, Professional Program Laboratory II-VI
PHRM 845, Integrated Pharmacotherapeutics III
PHRM 847 - Principles Of Pharmacogenomics
PHRM 835, Principles of Pharmacokinetics
CLPH 690, Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
CLPH 696, Graduate Seminar
PHPR 427, Pharmacy Leadership Seminar
Honors and Credentials
Purdue University Bravo Award
Purdue University Book of Great Teachers
Purdue University College of Pharmacy Faculty Preceptor of the Year
Purdue University College of Pharmacy Dr. Aziz Outstanding Teaching Award
Journal of Chromatography Top Cited Article Award
Indiana Public Heath Foundation Hulman Excellence in Health Science Research Award
Elected Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Purdue University, School of Pharmacy, Outstanding Clerkship Instruction Award
- Sheehan AH, Wagner LD, Sowinski KM. Student Pharmacists’ Biostatistical Knowledge Across a Doctor of Pharmacy Curriculum. Curr Pharmacy Teach Learn 2016; 8:622–8.
- Tisdale JE, Jaynes HA, Overholser BR, Sowinski KM, Flockhart DA, Kovacs RJ. Influence of Oral Progesterone Administration on Drug-Induced QT Interval Lengthening, A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Crossover Study. J Am Coll Cardiol Electrophys 2016; 765-74 doi:10.1016/j.jacep.2016.02.015. Epub April 2016.
- Assemi M, Hudmon KS, Sowinski KM, Corelli RL. Educational background and academic rank of faculty within US schools of pharmacy. Am J Pharm Ed 2016; 80 (4), Article 61.
- Ghannoum M, Yates C, Sowinski KM, Galvao T, Gosselin S, Nolin TD, Lavergne V, Hoffman RS. Extracorporeal Treatment for Carbamazepine Poisoning: Recommendations from the EXTRIP Workgroup. Clin Toxicol 2014;52:993-1004. doi: 10.3109/15563650.2014.973572. Epub 2014 Oct 30.
- Tisdale JE, Overholser BR, Sowinski KM, Wroblewski HA, Amankwa K, Borzak S, Kingery JR, Coram R, Zipes DP, Flockhart DA, Kovacs RJ. QT Interval Sensitivity and Responsiveness to IKr Inhibition in Patients with Heart Failure due to Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction. J Clin Pharmacol 2012; 52:1296-305 [Epub 2011 Nov 1].
- Decker BS, Mohamed A, Kraus MA, Moe SM, Sowinski KM. Population pharmacokinetic analysis of gentamicin removal during short daily hemodialysis (SDHD). Am J Nephrol 2012;36:144-150 (DOI: 10.1159/000339937) .
- Eyler RF, Heung M, Pleva M, Sowinski KM, Park PK, Napolitano LM, Mueller BA. Oseltamivir and Oseltamivir Carboxylate Pharmacokinetics in Critically Ill Patients Receiving Continuous Venovenous Hemodialysis (CVVHD). Pharmacotherapy 2012;32:1061-9.
- Mohamed AN, Abdelhady AM, Spencer D, Sowinski KM, Tisdale JE, Overholser BR. Pharmacokinetic modeling and simulation of procainamide and N-acetylprocainamide in a patient receiving CRRT: A novel approach to guide renal dose adjustments (Research Letter). Am J Kid Dis 2013;61:1046-8.
- Eyler RF, Vilay AM, Heung M, Pleva M, Sowinski KM, DePestel DD, Mueller BM. Pharmacokinetics of ertapenem in critically ill patients receiving continuous venovenous hemodialysis (CVVHD) or hemodiafiltration (CVVHDF). Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2014;58:1320-6.
- Yates C, Galvao T, Sowinski KM, Mardini K, Botnaru T, Gosselin S, Hoffman RS, Nolin TD, Lavergne V, Ghannoum M. Extracorporeal Treatment for Tricyclic Antidepressant Poisoning: Recommendations from the EXTRIP Workgroup. Semin Dial 2014; Epub Apr 9, 2014.
- Summers KM, Pergolizzi J, Ma L, Foster DR, Overholser BR, Sowinski KM. The prevalence of opioid-related major potential drug-drug interactions and their impact on health care costs. J Manag Care Pharm 2014; 20:467-76.