Brian M. Shepler
Director, Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences
Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
1998 BS, Pharmacy, Purdue University
PHRM 825, Integrated Pharmacotherapy I
PHRM 867, Introduction to APPE
PHRM 820, 821, 840, Professional Program Laboratories
PHRM 880, Purdue APPE Rotation
CLPH 479, Therapeutics
PHPR 872, Pathophysiology and Therapeutics
Honors and Credentials
Outstanding Advisor of the Year – Industry Pharmacists Organization
1.Albright A, Al-Makki A, Kalakeche R, and Shepler B. A review of ferric pyrophosphate Citrate (Triferic) use in hemodialysis patients. Clin Ther. 2016;38(10):2318-2323.
2. Carson C, Al-Makki A, Shepler B. Can pentoxifylline be used as adjunct therapy to ACE inhibitors and ARBs in preserving kidney function? J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2016;19(1):1-7.
3. Bodenberg M, Linn B, Sprunger T, and Shepler B. Using institutional track programs and block scheduling to help students prepare for postgraduate residency training. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2015;72(22):1969-73.
4. Bousher A, Al-Makki A, Sutton J, and Shepler B. A review of sucroferric oxyhydroxide for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in patients receiving dialysis. Clin Ther. 2014; 36(12): 2082-93.
5. Gonzalvo J, Schmelz A, and Shepler B. Development and evaluation of an elective course designed to prepare pharmacy students for advanced pharmacy practice experiences. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2014;6:871-6.
6. Shepler B. Cost savings associated with pharmacy student interventions during APPEs. Am J Pharm Ed. 2014;78(4):Article 71.
7. Kwiatkowski M, Welch P, McComb J, and Shepler B. Evaluating the Use of Bortezomib and Eculizumab in Desensitization of Transplant Patients. J of Pharm Tech. 2014; 30(1): 31-8.
8. Rennick A, Kalakeche R, Seel L, and Shepler B. Nicotinic acid and nicotinamide: a review of their use for hyperphosphatemia in dialysis patients. Pharmacotherapy. 2013;33(6):683-90.
9. Chen A, Kiersma M, Shepler B, and Murawski M. Pilot testing of checklists to discern adverse drug reactions and adverse drug experiences in community pharmacy patients. J of Am Pharm Assoc. 2013;53:61-9.
10. Kania D, Smith C, Nash C, Gonzalvo J, and Shepler B. Potential new treatments for diabetic kidney disease. Medical Clinics of North America. 2013;97(1):115-34.