Margie E. Snyder
Network Director, Rx-SafeNet
Co-Director, Community Pharmacy Programs
2009 M.P.H., University of Pittsburgh
2007 Pharmacy Practice Residency with an Emphasis in Community Care, University of Pittsburgh
2006 Pharm.D., University of Pittsburgh
Medication therapy management, community practice, mixed-methods, practice-based research networks
PHRM 826, Introduction to Patient-Centered Care
PHRM 831, Pharmacy in the Health Care System
PHRM 820, 860, Professional Program Laboratories
PHPR 490, Community Pharmacy Research
Honors and Credentials
American Pharmacists Association Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award
1. Chang AC, Lincoln J, Lantaff WM, Gernant SA, Jaynes HA, Doucette WR, Snyder ME. Characterization of actions taken during the delivery of medication therapy management: A time-and-motion approach. J Am Pharm Assoc. In Press.
2. Gernant SA, Snyder ME, Jaynes H, Sutherland JM, Zillich AJ. The effectiveness of pharmacist-provided telephonic medication therapy management on emergency department utilization in home health patients. J Pharm Technol. 2016;32:179-84.
3. Snyder ME, Frail CK, Gernant SA, et al. Fellowships in community pharmacy research: experiences of five schools and colleges of pharmacy. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2016;56:316-322.
4. Snyder ME, Pater KS, Frail CK, Hudmon KS, Doebbeling BN, Smith RB. Utility of a brief screening tool for medication-related problems. Res Soc Adm Pharm. 2015; 11: 253-64.
5. Patel P, Hemmeger H, Kozak MA, Gernant SA, Snyder ME. Community pharmacist participation in a practice-based research network (PBRN): a report from the Medication Safety Research Network of Indiana (Rx-SafeNet). J Am Pharm Assoc. 2015; 55: 649-55.
6. Kernodle AR, Frail CK, Gernant SA, Pater KS, Doebbeling B, Snyder ME. Patient experiences using a brief screening tool for medication-related problems in a community pharmacy setting: a qualitative study. J Pharm Pract. Published online ahead of print on September 29, 2015.
7. Snyder ME, Earl TR, Gilchrist S, Greenberg M, Heisler H, Revels M, Matson-Koffman D. Collaborative drug therapy management: case studies of three community-based models of care. Prev Chronic Dis. 2015; 12: E39.
8. Huet A, Frail CK, Lake LM, Snyder ME. The impact of passive and active promotional strategies on patient acceptance of medication therapy management services. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2015; 55: 178-81.
9. Snyder ME, Frail CK, Jaynes HA, Pater KS, Zillich AJ. Predictors of medication-related problems among Medicaid patients participating in a pharmacist-provided telephonic medication therapy management program. Pharmacotherapy 2014; 34: 1022-1032.
10. Snyder ME, Zillich A, Primack B, Rice K, McGivney M, Pringle J, Smith R. Exploring successful community pharmacist-physician collaborative working relationships using mixed methods. Res Social Adm Pharm 2010;6:307-323.