Steven A. Scott
1976 BSc, Pharmacy, Purdue University
Assessment of Student Learning
Problem-Solving Teaching Methodologies
Professional Development of Pharmacy Students
PHRM 825, Integrated Pharmacotherapy I
PHRM 849, Population Health Management
PHRM 864, Integrated Pharmacotherapy IV
PHPR 427, Leadership Seminar
Honors and Credentials
Johnson and Johnson Pharmacy Administration Award
Rho Chi Pharmacy Honorary Society
Murphy Teaching Award Nominee
Community Volunteer Award
Rufas A. Lyman Award for Outstanding Publication in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Who’s Who in Pharmaceutical Sciences Education
President, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
1. Scott, SA. Managing Atopic Dermatitis: A Pharmacist’s Opportunity to Intervene. Pharmacy Times, July 2016, 1-8.
2. Scott, SA. Viewpoint: Do We Need More Utility Infielders? Am J Pharm Educ; 79(10) Article 147.
3. Janke, KJ, Farris, KB, Kelly, KA, Marshall, VD, Plake, KS, Scott SA, Sorensen, TD, Yee, GC. StrengthsFinder Signature Themes of Talent in Doctor of Pharmacy Students in Five Midwestern Pharmacy Schools. Am J Pharm Educ. Vol. 79, Issue 4, 2015.
4. Kristin K. Janke, Hazel H. Seaba, Lynda S. Welage, Steven A. Scott, Suzanne M. Rabi, Katherine A. Kelley, and Holly L. Mason (2012). Building a Multi-Institutional Community of Practice to Foster Assessment. Am J Pharm Educ: Volume 76, Issue 4, Article 58.
5. Hammer, D, Piascik, P, Medina, M, Pittenger, A, Rose, R, Creekmore, F, Soltis, R, Bouldin, A, Schwartz, L, Scott.S. Recognition of Teaching Excellence. Am J Pharm Educ. 2010; 74 (9): Article 164.
6. Scott, S, Battjes, E, Phadke, N, Teagno, R. Enhancing Leadership Skills of Students Through the Development and Execution of an Orientation Program. Am J Pharm Educ. 2010; 74 (5): Article 96.
7. Farris, KB, Demb, A, Janke, KK, Kelly, K, Scott, SA., Assessment to Transform Competency-based Curricula. Am J Pharm Educ. 2009; 73 (8): Article 158.
8. Kroboth, P, Crismon, LM, Daniels, C, Hogue, M, Reed, L, Johnson, L, Robinson, S, Scott, S, Smith, M, Maine, L. Getting to Solutions in Interprofessional Education: Report of the 2006-2007 Professional Affairs Committee. Am J Pharm Educ. 2007; 71 (6): Article S19.
9. Scott, SA. Utilizing the book Tuesdays with Morrie@ to focus on difficult to address outcome abilities. Am. J. Pharm. Ed., 70: 57, (2006).
10. Scott, SA, Hagemeier, NE. Assessing Purdue University Pharmacy Students= Exploration of Pharmacy career Options: 2000-2004. Am. J. Pharm. Ed., 69: 58-59, (2005).