Alan J. Zillich
Pharm.D., Purdue, 1999
Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Kentucky, 2000
Primary Care Residency, University of Kentucky, 2001
Fellowship, Family Medicine Outcomes Research, University of Iowa, 2003
Health Services and outcomes research focusing on (1) the roles of professional collaborative relationships between pharmacists and other health care providers; (2) the effectiveness of pharmacy-based services on improved medication prescribing, patient safety, and patient health outcomes and (3) methods to improve prescribing and utilization of medications through systems redesign and health informatics.
Public Health and Wellness-PHRM 827
Population Health Management-PHRM 849
Professional Program Labs-PHRM 820, 821, 840, 841, 860, 861
Graduate Seminar-PHAD 696
Honors and Credentials
William S. Bucke Named Professorship
Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (FCCP)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy New Investigator Award
American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting Presentation Merit Award
Purdue University Award for Excellence in Distance Learning
- Gernant SA, Snyder ME, Jaynes HA, Sutherland JM, Zillich AJ. The Effectiveness of Pharmacist-Provided Telephonic Medication Therapy Management on Emergency Department Utilization in Home Health Patients. Journal of Pharmacy Technology 2016; 32(5): 179-184: DOI: 10.1177/8755122516660376
- Zillich AJ, Jaynes HA, Bex SD, Boldt AS, Walston CM, Ramsey DC, Sutherland JM, Bravata DM. Evaluation of Pharmacist Care for Hypertension in the Veterans Affairs Patient Centered Medical Home: A Retrospective Case-Control Study. American Journal of Medicine 2015 (128): 539.e1-539.e6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.11.027
- Snyder ME, Frail CK, Jaynes HA, Pater KS, Zillich AJ. Predictors of Medication-Related Problems Among Medicaid Patients Receiving a Telephonic Medication Therapy Management Program. Pharmacotherapy 2014; online 23 July. DOI: 10.1002/phar.1462.
- Zillich AJ, Snyder ME, Frail CK, Lewis JL, Deshotels D, Dunham P, Jaynes H, Sutherland JM. A Randomized Controlled Pragmatic Trial of Telephonic Medication Therapy Management to Reduce Hospitalization in Home Health Patients. Health Services Research 2014; online 9 April. DOI: 10.1111/1475-6773.12176
- Smith MC, Boldt AS, Walston CM, Zillich AJ. Effectiveness of a Pharmacy Care Management Program for Veterans with Dyslipidemia. Pharmacotherapy 2013; 33(7):736-43.
- Zillich AJ, Jaynes H, Snyder ME, Harrison J, Hudmon KS, DeMoor C, French DD. Evaluation of Specialized Medication Packaging Combined with Medication Therapy Management: Adherence, Outcomes, and Costs among Medicaid Patients. Medical Care 2012;50(6):485-93.
- Bex SD, Boldt AS, Needham SB, Bolf SM, Walston CM, Ramsey DC, Schmelz AN, Zillich AJ. Effectiveness of a Hypertension Care Management Program Provided by Clinical Pharmacists for Veterans. Pharmacotherapy 2011;31(1):31-38.
- Zillich AJ, Shay K, Hyduke B, Emmendorfer TR, Mellow AM, Counsell SR, Supiano MA, Woodbridge P, Reeves P. Quality Improvement Toward Decreasing High Risk Medications for Older Veteran Outpatients. Journal of the American Geriatric Society 2008;56:1299-1305.
- Zillich AJ, Milchak JL, Carter BL, Doucette WR. Utility of a Questionnaire to Measure Physician/Pharmacist Collaborative Relationships. Journal of the American Pharmacist Association 2006;46:453-458.
- Zillich AJ, Sutherland JM, Kumbera PK, Carter BL. Hypertension Outcomes through blood pressure Monitoring and Evaluation by pharmacists (HOME study). Journal of General Internal Medicine 2005;20(12):1091-1096.