Industry Sponsor: Takeda Pharmaceuticals
For more information, please see this brochure .
During the two-year Global Clinical Operations fellowship at Takeda, the fellow:
- Provides operational expertise and strategic input to the development of Clinical Development Plans supporting the overall clinical strategy through to clinical development
- Develops operational strategy on programs in close collaboration with strategic partners and serves as the liaison between partners and Takeda
- Leads clinical program budget planning and accountable for external spend related to clinical program execution
- Ensures that budgets, enrollment and gaiting are accurate by working closely with strategic partners and internal departments
- Provides sponsor's oversight of strategic partners, program level direction and support to ensure the effective execution of clinical studies
- Reviews and provides expert clinical operations input into clinical documents related to the drug development process, such as Investigator’s Brochures, INDs, IMPDs, study synopsis and protocols, clinical study reports, NDAs, MAAs and other safety documents.
Rhett Behrje, MS Associate
Director, Global Clinical Operations
Fellowship Coordinator, Takeda - Purdue GCO Fellowship
Dan Degnan, PharmD, MS, CPPS, FASHP
Associate Director of Professional Program Laboratories
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Purdue University College of Pharmacy
Senior Clinical Operations Manager
Lead Preceptor, Takeda - Purdue GCO Fellowship
- 2023-2025: Lorne Lovelace, PharmD
University of Michigan, Class of 2023
- 2022-2024: Wiktor Pac, PharmD
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Class of 2022
2021-2023: Shea Dorsey, PharmD
Clinical Operations Manager, Early Clinical Operations
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
2020-2022: Andrew Lee, PharmD
Senior Manager, Global Program Management
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
2019-2021: Yutong Chen, PharmD
Senior Clinical Scientist, Immunology
The fellow will receive a competitive stipend and benefits package, including comprehensive health and dental insurance. The fellowship will sponsor attendance at one or more professional meetings, conferences or workshops.
The fellow will be selected on a nationally competitive basis. To be eligible, candidates must be graduates of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited Doctor of Pharmacy Program before the fellowship begins in July. Participation in the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacist (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting Personnel Placement Services (PPS) is strongly encouraged, but not required. The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States, as Purdue and Takeda will not provide sponsorship to foreign students.
Positions available: 1
All interested applicants must submit the following via email:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent
- Official college of pharmacy transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (Please have your letter writers send them directly to the email below)
Applications will open on October 1st, 2023. All application materials should be submitted electronically to the email contact below, with CVs, LOIs, official transcripts, and letters of recommendation due on November 13th, 2023.
Please send all correspondence to:
Rhett Behrje, MS
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company Limited
40 Landsdowne Street
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Preliminary interviews will be conducted virtually on a rolling basis, starting October 9th, 2023.
To qualify for a preliminary interview, at minimum, please submit your Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Intent, and Transcript (unofficial transcript may serve as a place holder). Please note that in order for candidates to be considered for a final offer, all application materials listed above must be received.
Recognizing that the choice of a Post-Doctoral Industry Fellowship is an important decision, Purdue University College of Pharmacy, in conjunction with the Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA), has agreed to extend offers for Fellowships no earlier than December 13th, 2023.