Purdue / Mathes Pharmacy Community Pharmacy Practice Residency
Number of Positions: 1
Alyssa Shoemaker (Chandler), PharmD
- Hometown: Harlan, IN
- College: Purdue University College of Pharmacy
- Why Mathes: I chose Mathes for its unique blend of community pharmacy practice mixed with ambulatory care services provided through the diabetes center. Mathes is an independent small town pharmacy that has dedicated many years of individualized service to patients within the community. Mathes is continually expanding services offered to best fit the needs of patients and engaging in community outreach opportunities.
- Research Interests: Immunizations, Expanding roles of community pharmacists.
- Career Interests: Community pharmacy practice with an emphasis in ambulatory care services.
- What I enjoy about New Albany, IN: New Albany is currently undergoing revitalization with an emphasis on restoring the historic community. I love supporting all of the local businesses and exploring new restaurants and store fronts in my spare time. New Albany is conveniently located just across the river from historic Louisville. There are plenty of parks to explore and events to attend year round. I personally enjoy being centrally located within a reasonable drive to a couple major cities including Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Nashville, and St. Louis.
- Hobbies: I love to spend my free time cooking/baking, exploring the outdoors, watching reality TV, working out, and spending quality time with my family and puppy!
Madaline Moses, PharmD (2017-2018): Director of Clinical Services at Mathes Pharmacy in New Albany, IN
Stephanie Ostling, PharmD (2016-17): Diabetes Program Manager at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, NC. Previously completed a PGY2 Residency Program in Ambulatory Care at University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy in Jackson, MS in 2017-2018.
Chris Gildea, PharmD (2015-16): Ambulatory Care Pharmacist at Saint Joseph Health System in Mishawaka, IN
Emily Hefty (Kruckeberg), PharmD (2014-15): Pharmacy Manager, CVS Pharmacy in Kendallville, IN
Andrea Michel, PharmD (2013-14): CACP Clinical Pharmacist at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, IN
Julie Bolinger, PharmD, RPh, BC-ADM, BC-ACP, Certified Health Coach (2012-13): Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at the VA Northern Indiana in Fort Wayne, IN
Nicole Olenik (Moore), PharmD, CDE, BC-ADM (2011-12): Clinical Assistant Professor at Purdue University and Residency Program Director of Mathes Diabetes Center/Purdue University Community-Based PGY1 Residency program at Mathes Pharmacy in New Albany, IN
Ed Battjes, PharmD, BCACP, CDE, BC-ADM (2010-11): Manager, Ambulatory Pharmacy Services, Associate Director Ambulatory Residency Programs at St. Joseph Health System in Mishawaka, IN
Cory Smith, PharmD, BCPS, CDE (2009-10): Clinical Pharmacist, Baptist Health Floyd in New Albany, IN
Stephanie Arnett, PharmD, CDE, BCACP (2008-09): Registered Manager at Onsite Walgreens Pharmacy within Community Hospital East and Residency Program Director of Walgreens/Purdue Community Based PGY1 Residency program in Indianapolis, IN
Jaime McLain, PharmD, CDE (2007-08): Pharmacy Site Manager at Genoa Healthcare located within LifeSpring Health Systems in Jeffersonville, IN
Valerie Huston, PharmD (2006-07): Director Specialty Pharmacy Operations and Clinical Services at Southeastern Grocers in Jacksonville, FL
Lindsey Healey, PharmD (2006-07): Clinical Pharmacy Specialist-Endocrine at Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis, IN
Danielle Miller, PharmD (2005-06): CVS in Sellersburg, IN