Number of Positions: 1
Katie Koch, PharmD
- Hometown: Crown Point, IN
- College: Purdue University
- Why Purdue University Pharmacy: I am passionate about helping patients feel invested and confident in their care. A large portion of our patients are college students, meaning this is the first time many of our patients are away from home and handling their own health, which can be an overwhelming experience. The location of and services offered by the pharmacy (including contraceptive prescribing, travel health services, smoking/vaping cessation, immunizations, and injectable medication administration) provide us with the opportunity to interact with members of the community and make a direct impact on their care. Additionally, I am excited to be on campus and aid in the learning and development of P1-P4 learners throughout lectures, labs, and experiences here in the pharmacy.
- Research Interests: HIV prophylaxis in a community setting
- Career Interests: community pharmacy, ambulatory care
- What I enjoy about West Lafayette, IN: I love being on campus, especially during the school year when I can interact with students. One of my favorite things about campus is the farmers market every Thursday. I'm also lucky that I get a 2-in-1 with Lafayette and West Lafayette — there's always something to do!
- Hobbies: reading, crocheting, thrifting
Abbey Fritsch, PharmD (2022-2023)
Purdue University College of Pharmacy, 2022
Purdue University Pharmacy PGY1 Community-based Pharmacy Residency, 2023
Current Role: Pharmacy Manager at Walmart Pharmacy in Plainfield, IN